THE MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF
THE LITTLEPORT SOCIETY
HELD ON TUESDAY THE 3RD OF FEBRUARY, 2015 AT 7:30 PM
IN THE VILLAGE HALL, VICTORIA STREET, LITTLEPORT.
The meeting was well attended by approximately 35 people and was opened by the Chairman Mr. Alan Summerside.
PRESENT AT THE TABLE WERE: MR. A. SUMMERSIDE ( CHAIRMAN), MR. B. FROST (TREASURER), MRS. T. GOODWIN (VICE CHAIR), MRS. A. LIGHTOWLERS (MINUTE SECRETARY), MRS. F. GILBERT, MISS J. RAWKINS, MRS. M. SCOTT, MR. R. YOUNGS, MR. B. CADNUM, MR. R. HODSON.
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE: Mr. Roger Rudderham .
2. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING - 4TH FEBRUARY, 2014
These were read out to the meeting by the Chairman, Mr. Alan Summerside.
3. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES: There were none and they were agreed.
4. PRESIDENT’S REPORT: In the absence of Mr. Roger Rudderham, Mr. Alan Summerside read this report to the meeting (a copy of which is attached).
5. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT: Mr. Alan Summerside thanked the Committee for their hard work throughout the year. He outlined the various activities that had taken place. He thanked the archivists Mrs. Maureen Scott and Mr. Roger Rudderham, and Bruce Frost for their continuing hard work collecting and working on archives. Mr. Alan Summerside informed the meeting that The Littleport Society now had a new computer and scanner in place to digitalise this work and have received a very kind offer of help with this from Mr. Clift. The website will be listed on this.
We are liaising with the Adams Heritage Centre on a Skating Event to be held on the 21st to 28th February, and also on the 16th May for the Centenary of WW2. Mr. Alan Summerside went on to say should any members of the audience have any memorabilia to display this would be most welcome.
He also told the meeting that work is being done toward the forthcoming 200th Celebration of The Littleport Riots.
Questionnaires have once again been handed out to help the Committee to know people’s ideas for the content of the Open Meetings.
Mr. Alan Summerside said that The Society would be participating with the Adams Heritage Centre with regard to an Open Day in early September.
The meeting was also informed that local solicitors, Messrs. Hall, Ennion and Young, are currently preparing a new Constitution for The Littleport Society.
Finally, Mr. Alan Summerside apologised that he had not been able to attend many Open Meetings. He said that he was trying to manage the Society but that not all committee members are happy. Mr. Gerald Harrison said he was happy with the way things are and should continue. Mr. Reg Brown of Soham made some similar comments.
6. TREASURER’S REPORT: Mr. Bruce Frost referred to the paperwork for which all have copies (on file). He referred to the many donations The Society had received for which we are very grateful. He went through some in detail. He thanked the Copier Warehouse, in particular Debra Jordan, for the copies of the magazine for which we are very grateful.
Mr. Bruce Frost also thanked Ray Youngs for all his hard work maintaining the website, and also other committee members for their work. David Clarke has signed the Accounts and Mr. Frost thanked him for his work for which we are very grateful. He has indicated that he will continue as Independent Examiner if voted in. This was carried unanimously.
The Treasure’s Report was adopted.
7. MEMBERSHIP REPORT: Mr. Bruce Frost read out the details of the report. (Copy on File) He reminded the meeting that the subscriptions are due in January, and said that many are now doing this by standing order mandate. He said that we are waiting for a statement from Barclays Bank. Finally, Mr. Frost thanked all the overseas ambassadors for their help.
8. STATEMENT OF VACANT POSITIONS ON COMMITTEE: The meeting was told that any volunteers to help The Society would be most welcome.
9. ELECTION OF PRESIDENT: Mr. Alan Summerside thanked Mr. Roger Rudderham for his dedication and hard work.
He told the meeting that Mr. Richard Creak had been nominated as President. Mr. Creak then addressed the audience and gave them an outline of his life and work, and that he was also a previous member of The Society. Mr. Alan Summerside requested a show of hands, and this nomination was carried with 19 votes for and 16 abstentions.
|10.||ELECTION OF:||CHAIRPERSON...||ALAN SUMMERSIDE|
|11.||ELECTION OF:||VICE-CHAIRPERSON...||THERESA GOODWIN|
|MEMBERSHIP OFFICER...||BRUCE FROST|
|MAGAZINE EDITOR...||ROGER RUDDERHAM|
|BOOKSHOP MANAGER...||FIONA GILBERT|
|PUBLICATIONS OFFICER...||ROGER RUDDERHAM|
|WEBSITE OFFICER...||RAY YOUNGS|
12. ELECTION OF OTHER COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
ANN LIGHTOWLERS, JOYCE RAWKINS AND BRIAN CADNUM WILL STAY ON THE COMMITTEE.
*ALL THE ABOVE WERE DULY ELECTED
RAY HODSON, WHO IS RETIRING FROM THE COMMITTEE, WAS THANKED FOR HIS HARD WORK OVER THE MANY YEARS OF SERVING.
13. DATE FOR THE FIRST MEETING OF NEW COMMITTEE – TUES 17TH FEBRUARY, 2015.
14. WITH NO OTHER MATTERS RAISED FOR THIS MEETING IT CLOSED AT 8.15 PM. AND WAS FOLLOWED BY A SHORT FILM.